________________________________________

5/2/11

Scofield Reservoir - Open Water

My buddy and I thought we'd check out the ice-off action at Scofield, rather than busting the gas tank this week. It had been awhile since either of us had fished it, but we knew what to expect: lots of tiny fish.

Well we wouldn't be disappointed in that respect. We arrived early and stayed until about 6:00pm, catching a large number of tiny fish, as expected.









We each probably caught over 40 fish, but they were all pretty small. They bit a wide variety of our offerings from spinners, spoons, jigs, worms, and minnows. Unfortunately, the minnows didn't yield any trophies, but I was able to catch my biggest fish of the day twice with them!



About an hour later, I caught the same one, again hooked in the mouth and released!



It wasn't until I got home and reviewed the day's photos that I realized I had caught the same fish twice. Kind of neat, I thought, since that doesn't happen very often.

Here's Holdsworth's catch of the day:



Once we'd had enough, we checked out the river below the dam and I caught one small rainbow. We didn't stay long. The river is nice and clear at the dam and the flow is modest.





Happy Fishing, Humans.

1 comment:

  1. Still look like nice fish too me. Really impressed with the Tiger Trout. Wish I had some in Eastern Idaho. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Hate it? Drop a line.

Some Background...

WHY FISH?

Why not go jogging, hit the gym, start a garden or whatever it is that normal humans do? What's so fascinating about these slimy little creatures that live in the water?

Fishing is a bit more to me than a hobby or a sport. It's an essential part of life that helps me connect with the Earth in ways similar to the long-practiced traditions of mankind. Wherever man has had a water source, there has been fishing.

It's only natural.

Happy Fishing, Humans.