________________________________________

4/5/11

Fishing at Otter Creek Reservoir

My friend Holdsworth came along with the family to Otter Creek Reservoir today (3-5). It was pretty slow fishing for the most part, but he and I ended up with a few each. His catches, however, were pretty nice. I got them on video:



We measured it several times. 23 inches.


Probably an old brooder, but a beast is a beast.


Wow.



That one was 20 inches. Nice.


Nice day for him. He's actually moving out of state pretty soon, so I've been trying to get him into some nice fish before he goes. It's nice that he finally cashed in on some big fish Karma and had a banner day, catching 2 fish over 20" in the same afternoon.

We had a really late start, plus the drive was over 3 hrs (one way) for us. Even though the bite was mostly off, it was definitely worth the trip. Here are some more photos from the trip.

My 17 inch bow, first catch of the day:


Another smaller one that paid me a visit:


Holdsworth with another one of his catches:


There was one peculiar cloud that hovered over us all day. Its soft edges against the sun grabbed my eye and I thought it was kind of neat, so I had to grab a shot of it. The sun ghosted the photo, but I think it adds character.


It was a nice day and it felt great to cast into open water again after a dull ice season. Getting out with the family is always a treat, especially when I can bring Holdsworth along.


Happy Fishing, Humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Drop a line.

Some Background...

WHY FISH?

Why not go jogging, hit the gym, start a garden or whatever it is that normal humans do? What's so fascinating about these slimy little creatures that live in the water?

Fishing is a bit more to me than a hobby or a sport. It's an essential part of life that helps me connect with the Earth in ways similar to the long-practiced traditions of mankind. Wherever man has had a water source, there has been fishing.

It's only natural.

Happy Fishing, Humans.