________________________________________

12/15/12

Not Today

My original plan was to hit the river today.  It dawned on me, however, that spending time playing with my two beautiful children would really mean a lot more to me, considering the recent tragedy in CT.

Those of us with children really are more fortunate than we can imagine.  It's never too late to get closer to our young ones and show them the love that they deserve, unconditionally.

I'm incredibly grateful today, that I have these two bundles of joy in my life.  Perhaps from now on, every time I snuggle up to them, smell their hair, feel their touch, even scold them for fighting with each other, I can have a greater understanding of how precious they truly are.

It's a bit morbid for such  gruesome events to play out in order for these priorities to shine through so strongly.  Nevertheless, the message still remains:

Embrace your children and tell them you love them.  You're lucky to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Drop a line.

Some Background...

WHY FISH?

Why not go jogging, hit the gym, start a garden or whatever it is that normal humans do? What's so fascinating about these slimy little creatures that live in the water?

Fishing is a bit more to me than a hobby or a sport. It's an essential part of life that helps me connect with the Earth in ways similar to the long-practiced traditions of mankind. Wherever man has had a water source, there has been fishing.

It's only natural.

Happy Fishing, Humans.